Becoming One Community is seeking board members with a strong sense of integrity, commitment, and dedication to implementing our mission in the community.
Our Ideal Board member will possess the following characteristics:
• Commitment to the mission
• Transparent, acting with integrity
• Finding and sustaining resources
• Focused on results
• Committed to expanding the organization’s “circle of friends”
Length of term: All board members will have the option to serve a maximum of three/ two-year terms at which time their seat will be filled by a new member.
Meetings and time commitment:
• The board of directors meets September through June on the fourth Sunday of the month, 7:00 p.m. (Central Standard Time), via teleconferencing. Meetings typically last 60 minutes.
• Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
• Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
• Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
• Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
• Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Becoming One Community mission, objectives, and programs.
• Help communicate and promote Becoming One Community mission and programs to the community.
• Become familiar with Becoming One Community finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
• Understand the policies and procedures of Becoming One Community.
• Financially support Becoming One Community with at least $1000 per year in order to fulfill the financial commitment requirements in order to become a board member.
If interested please go to the following page, https://becomingonecommunity.org/board-member-application/ and apply. For more info call us at 832-422-6926.